One way this happens is through the Club Strategy, which sets out what the Club aims to achieve and how it aims to achieve it. The Club Strategy is jointly developed by the Club Board and the Supporters Society. We meet twice a year to review how well the Club is performing against the strategy.
The current Club Strategy sets out both long-term objectives (including our top priority of financial sustainability), as well as seven goals for 2021-24.
1. Football: Achieve promotion to the National League Premier for the Men’s First Team and re-establish a competitive Women’s First Team
2. Redevelopment: Complete a redevelopment that delivers for Club and community
3. Finance: Continue to grow revenue and profitability to achieve long-term financial sustainability
4. Sales & Marketing: Reach and bring new audiences to the Club (for both our matches and other events) whilst keeping our current supporters engaged and happy
5. Community: Play a central role in community life
6. Operations and Facilities: Maintain the ground, operations and Health & Safety standards to a consistently high level
7. Culture: Create a truly welcoming, open, diverse and inclusive Club
The full Club Strategy goes into much more detail about how each of these objectives will be achieved - you can read it here on the Society’s website.