AGMs are an opportunity to:
● Come together as a community to reflect on the past year and look to the future
● Hear updates from and ask questions of the Society Committee & Club Board
● Propose, debate and vote on motions
● Stand for the Society Committee or Club Board yourself
We encourage you to attend the meeting, have your say, and play your part in the running of our Club. The full agenda will be sent out two weeks before the AGM, but in the meantime we’re looking for nominations for election to the Society Committee and the Club Board and invite you to propose motions for us to discuss on the night.
Here’s how to get involved:
Society Committee nominations
The Supporters Society controls the Club’s majority shareholding, and its Committee’s role is currently to:
- Represent the views of members and supporters to the Club Board
- Work with the Board to support and scrutinise its decisions and activities
- Uphold the spirit of supporter democracy; accountability; transparency and community benefit
- Explore (in collaboration with the Club Board) other ways that the Society and its membership can actively support and shape the work being done to secure the Club’s future
Committee members are all volunteers who serve for 2 years. The committee meets monthly, usually on weekday evenings, and members are able to attend remotely via video call. Members typically commit an average of 5-8 hours a month to the role.
The role is somewhat similar to that of a school governor or a charity trustee in terms of the meetings and duties expected. All Committee members will receive induction and training.
We would encourage anyone interested to get in touch with the current Society Chair, Christopher Flanagan, for an informal chat to learn more ahead of submitting your nomination. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be a chance to hear more about the expectations of sitting on the Committee, ask any questions you may have, and discuss what skills you could bring to the mix. Don’t worry, it will not be an interview!
- Any member can nominate themselves (you do not need a proposer or seconder).
- Six of the 12 positions on the Society Committee will be up for election at this AGM
- You can read about the current committee here.
- To stand for the Committee, please fill in this online nomination form by midnight on 28th May 2022 or use the attached form and send it to email@example.com.
- All members can stand for the committee, and all backgrounds and experiences are equally welcomed and valued. In addition, we warmly invite nominations that will increase the Committee’s diversity and bring new perspectives to our work.
- We also welcome feedback and ideas on how to invite and attract more people from groups who are currently underrepresented within the Club and wider society.
Club Board nominations
The Club Board oversees the day to day and long term strategic running of Bath City FC. Six of the nine Directors who make up the board are elected by the Supporters Society.
Elected Club Board members are all volunteers who serve for 3 years. They are directly responsible for the running of the club, including commercial, marketing, redevelopment, operations, football, finance, community, supporter liaison and other aspects.
The Club Board meets monthly, usually on weekday evenings, and members can join remotely via video call. For a flavour of what’s discussed in board meetings, see recent meeting minutes here. Directorship training is made available, and Club Board members are encouraged to access training and support throughout their tenure as required.
Two of the six Society-elected Club Board positions will be up for election at this AGM. Following a motion agreed at the 2021 AGM we are specifying particular posts for election in 2022. These are Community Director details here and Marketing Director details here. To run for election to the Club Board:
- You must be a member of the Supporters Society at the time of nomination and have a proposer and seconder who must be Supporters Society members as at 21st April 2022.
- We strongly recommend that you contact us before submitting a nomination to find out more and for us to arrange for you to talk to one or more current Club Board members. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide to stand, please fill in this online nomination form for Community Director or this online nomination form for Marketing Director or use the appropriate form attached and send it to email@example.com. Again the deadline is by midnight on 28th May 2022.
- We are actively encouraging applications from candidates who will add to the Club Board's diversity and bring new perspectives to its work. We also welcome feedback and ideas on how to invite and attract more people from groups who are currently underrepresented within the Club and wider society.
Propose a motion for discussion
Your voice can make a real difference in shaping the Club’s future. In recent years, examples of AGM motions have included one to introduce a 3G pitch at Twerton Park, and to ensure that members have the final say on any changes to the cultural heritage of the club, such as badge, kit and name.
- If you have an idea for a change you’d like to see, but need guidance about submitting a motion - get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help.
- All motions must be proposed and seconded, and can be submitted by filling in this online form by midnight on 28th May 2022. You can also use the attached form and send it to email@example.com.
Finally in being nominated for election, candidates are declaring that they meet the Society’s Rules and the Election and Appointments Policy which can be found here. More information about the Society can be found on our website but please do get in touch if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you at the AGM.